“Success means successful living. When you are peaceful, happy, joyous and doing what you love to do, you are successful.” – Joseph Murphy
The title may alert you to think this is another formula for ‘success’. I won’t deny it, but I am trying to approach ‘success’ from a different perspective. Success is a very powerful word. Many of us ran behind it, most of us wanted to conquer it. So what is success all about? Does this mean acquiring money or fame? Success means different things to different people. Everywhere people sell formulas for success and there are many people who made their fortune by following success mantras.
Some people lose the entire flavor in their personality in their attempts to be successful. They may be sensitive, caring and friendly to others but when success grips their heart, they become aloof and selfish. They close their eyes towards everything and everyone, thinking only about themselves. They chose to be winners even if their relationships with others are at risk.
To have lasting success, we need to maintain humanness in our relationships. Without our dear and near ones, we are nothing. We grow ourselves in the richness of people who nurture us. Maybe we are able to set up flourishing businesses and raise our status but our life will be incomplete if we fail to share in the warmth, love and care of our dear ones.
But there are others who always try to maintain good relationships and give priority to others rather than themselves. They make their life meaningful by keeping their life aligned with certain simple principles, which I wish to share with you all:
Be genuine: Whoever you are, whatever you say, whatever you do, truly care for the people around you, even when they despise you.
- Accept others: Each individual is unique, having a distinct set of strengths and weaknesses. Don’t expect everyone to be the way you want them to be. Let them be and accept the differences. Remember, diversity makes life beautiful.
- Respect: Respect individuals. Everyone is a masterpiece of the Almighty. This is true even with individuals you don’t like. Accept the fact that we are all created by God and this will help us to accept and respect everyone without discrimination.
- Be empathetic: Place yourself in others shoes and feel what they feel or think if you were in this place/situation. This will help us to remain humble and kind.
- Be sensitive: We must respond to the feelings and needs of people. Without considering others, how can we have real success?.
- Non Manipulative: Don’t use people for your end. Seldom are people cared and loved the way they deserve. Often we use others for our benefits, lavishing our care on them till we get what we want
- Set a Goal: Nobody has ever become successful within a split of a moment. The first step to any attempt is to set the goal. These can be short term or long term goals, both play a significant role on your road to success.
- Be committed to the people around you: Be mindful of those who are under your care. Maintain truthfulness and faithfulness in all that you do.
- Transparency: There should not be any secrets or lies in your life. Maintaining a transparent life will make you trustworthy and reliable.
- Appreciate: Be grateful and appreciate the help or service rendered by people. Being thankful will encourage others to continue their good work.
- Support/Encourage: So that others may be strengthened and motivated to find confidence in their life and become successful
- Spread Positivity: Live a life with a positive mind. We should always think positive. Be ready to give positive vibes to others rather than negative thoughts.
- Value your time: Time is precious and limited. Therefore use it wisely. Don’t allow yourself to get into meaningless disputes, relationships or arguments.
- Develop good habits: You can have big dreams, great goals and still fail. Success requires turning knowledge into action. It means repeatedly taking actions becomes a habit. And once you form the right habits, you create momentum
- Learn from your mistakes: They say ‘the road to success is paved with failure’. What they don’t say is that each piece of failure on that road probably looks different than the other. We learn many things from our past mistakes. It will give us an experience so that we will not make the same mistake over and over.
- Try different strategies: The road to success is not straight. There are stops and starts, ups and downs. If plan A fails, go for plan B. Try a new strategy. Come at your goal from a new angle, at a different time, with a different person. Try until we get the right one strategy.
- Love your life: Love life and life will love you back. Loving life means to celebrate every minute you have no matter what happens. Enjoy every precious moment.
To become successful one has to understand what is important in that instant, identify and work on weaknesses, take criticism and hold on to the strengths. From a broader perspective success defines contentment, peace of mind and full of happiness. One should always remember that perseverance can lead the path to success.
Success is a cumulative and relative term. Without peace and love, Money or fame doesn’t count as success. True success will satisfy our soul. Every person follows a different path and journey. That is why the meaning of success varies from one individual to another. No matter how difficult or impossible the goal is but never quit. Keep working and one day you would succeed. Don’t confine your ambitions to just making money. Listen to your heart and follow it. The voices within us are our guiding lights.
Try to be a good person before becoming a successful person. Only an individual who has earned love and respect of all has achieved the truest success. The greatest principle in life is to be grateful for what we have. In order to be successful, one has to move up strategically so as to get to where they want to be. Shortcuts are never the key to a jubilant future.
Those simple principles will help us to be more humane and kind in our commitments to be others and thus pave our way to true success. By practising the principles that you just learned, you will move to the front of the line in life. You will have an incredible advantage over people who do not know or who don’t practice these techniques and strategies. You will have an advantage that will give you the winning edge for the rest of your life and Career. If you consistently and persistently do the things that other successful people do, nothing in the world can stop you……